Family

Wordle: family

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back to Normal and a fun Christmas Present



We are all getting back to our normal schedules after Hannah's surgery and then the family all getting a GI virus.

For Christmas my mom and dad got us tickets to Bass Hall. My dad said to choose the concert and then let him know. We chose to see The Chieftains and went to their concert February 23rd. It was so nice to get away and get our minds off of Hannah's upcoming surgery. We had such a great time!!!! Mike and I love music. I have always loved to learn about and listen to music from different cultures.
The concert included step dancers, the Fort Worth Bagpipes and Drums Group and five local,young step dancers in tradional clothing. The instraments that were used were; the bodhran, fiddle, wooden flute, uilleann pipes, guitar, harp, and bagpipes. We really enjoyed the evening!!!

Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!

6 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

That does sound like fun!

The Curtis Family said...

Sounds like a fun night. I'm glad you two could get away for a night. It really does make a difference. Also, thanks for the B-day cards for Spencer and Gavin. They were very pleasantly surprised. Take care!

---Allison

Rachelle said...

Glad you had a fun night! I am also happy to learn Hannah is doing better after her surgeries. Hope you are all feeling better!

Misty said...

i love to go to concerts like that too... it is so interesting and so beautiful and I LOVE BAGPIPES! i am glad that you had fun!

hugs to hannah and hope that the GI bug is gone!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lois Brown said...

That was a great present! Very thoughtful. I think the hardest thing for parents to do anyway, but especially with disabled children is to go out and enjoy something...so I'm so glad you were able to! Love you!

Lois Brown said...

P.S. so glad Hannah is getting back to normal and that things in your life are getting back to normal! yahoo!