My initial goal and intention was to get my BSN degree. After finishing LVN school I married and started having my family so I put my education on hold until recently.
I have been taking my prerequisites for a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing for the past year and a half. In Texas it is hard to get into any nursing program due to the high number of applicants to openings ratios. In December I applied to a transition program where I can attend part time for a year and they transition from LVN to RN. While Jacob was in the hospital I found out that I had been accepted to the program and I had until March 15th to accept or decline. The program was to start this June. After talking with Mike and praying about it I decided that I needed to be home for Jacob this year and that I would try again next year to get into the program again. So I faxed in my acceptance letter marking that I was going to decline the invitation to the program. I added a letter on a second page detailing why I could not attend this year and stating that I would be reapplying for next years program. I was thinking about having to go through the whole process again; applying, testing and waiting. I knew that I was making the right decision for my family and more specifically for Jacob, but honestly part of me was sad. Then this past Friday I received a phone call from the Director of the Transition Program and she said that I could consider myself already accepted for the program that starts in June of 2009 and that she has already reserved a spot for me. My heart was filled with gratitude. I was really amazed because it was just what I needed to hear. You can choose to be a good mother and still fulfill your personal goals in life.
1 comment:
Rachel:
Congrats! You are awesome, and I think the school you applied to realizes that as well. You'll be an asset to their program. Can't wait to see you soon.
Tim
Post a Comment