Family

Wordle: family

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Noah





It is so hard to believe that Noah is 9 years old today!!! We were able to adopt him
when he was four almost five but it feels as though he has been apart of our family forever. I always said I think I could handle a child with most any problem but I did not think I could ever adopt a child with Autism. Boy, was I proven wrong. When we set out to adopt a fifth child we felt as though we should adopt an older child. We still did our home study through LDS Family Services but then we looked on our state adoption webpage that shows children who are available for adoption. Right away we found a picture of Noah and we all fell in love with him. The rest is history. That was four years ago. Noah has blossomed so much in the past four years he is a different child than the one who first came to live with us.

The title of this Blog has special meaning for me. For the first year we could get Noah to repeat words we said but they were quiet and you really had to work hard to get one word out. Then on Noah's sixth birthday we had a house full of family and his friends so the house was loud with fun and talking. When we placed the lighted birthday cake in front of Noah he began to sing the birthday song to himself. Suddenly the whole room hushed and we all listened with amazement as he sang the complete song and interjecting his name in the appropriate place. For this one brief moment he was able to communicate in song. He loves music and we have found that this is how he learns best. He is a happy boy and is very much loved by his famiy. Jacob his little brother looks up to him and they have a very special bond. It is amazing to watch the two of them together.

Daddy really likes the Chicago Cubs and so he and Noah now have matching baseball caps.~Happy Birthday to our sweet sweet Noah!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Curtis Family said...

Happy Birthday Noah! We are excited to see you this week!

Love,
Allison