Family

Wordle: family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring cleaning






I know it has been a long time since I last posted. We have lived in our home for 9 years this June so it was time for some much needed updating and painting. We painted the laundry room, Ashley's, Katy and Sarah's and our bedroom and then got new carpet for all four bedrooms and had tile put in the kitchen, hall and laundry room. We had to take all of the furniture and stuff out of the rooms so we decided to do a major Sping cleaning. I can say that I feel so much better. the clutter and old paint and floors was getting to me. We spend alot of time in our home because Jacob and Hannah can not get out much without getting sick and when they get sick it can easily mean a hospital stay. So these changes helped freshen my outlook and mental health. I had alot of fun painting the girls rooms mostly because as I painted the girls sat around the rooms and we had great conversations. Ashley and I had fun filling the thousand or so little holes in her walls with putty, Teenagers! We painted her room a dark purple. I let her paint some of the closet. In Katy and Sarah's room we used a bright lime green color and got bedspreads with blue and green geometric shapes. In our room we used a shade of tan that matches our bedding. We left the boys room the same because it is still in good shape.
We are going to tackle kitchen countertops and painting the cupboards next.

No comments: