I feel the only thing better than being a mom is being an aunt. I am blessed to be the aunt of nine nieces, 14 nephews, one great niece and two great nephews. Right now 15 of my nieces and nephews live outside of Texas so I don't get to see them as much as I would like. My oldest nephew Justin started calling me Aunt Rachie when he was little and the name stuck. He is 20 years old, on his mission, and he still calls me this. I have to admit I like the name and many of my nieces and nephews call me this too. My,sister Liz and her children Dylan and Anna were here last August and we had a great time! A few weeks ago my brother,Tim, and his wife Allison and their four children came to visit. I was able to hold little Ethan for the first time. he was born with a heart condition called HLHS and has had two open heart surgeries in the past year. I was able to spend allot of time with Spencer and Emily the year Tim was here going to Law school. So it was nice to get to see Spencer and Emily and how much they have grown. Emily had a girls night out over here with her cousins and I had fun watching and getting to know Ethan and Gavin when everyone went to Six Flags. Matt and Katrina had a great barbecue at there house and I again had so much fun playing with all of the nieces and nephews that were there. We had a water balloon fight, hit the baseball around and took turns giving the kids a ride on the four wheeler.
I wish we all lived closer! Family is such a wonderful blessing!!!
1 comment:
I too wish that we all lived closer. We had a great time, however, it went too fast. Hopefully it won't be long before we can visit again. Also, I love the rooms. Too cute!
---Allison
Post a Comment