
I LOVE traditions!! I feel connected to other generations of my family through them and I love to start new ones in my own family. Here are some of our families' Christmas Traditions:
-The tree goes up before the first Sunday in December. Everyone enjoys putting up their own ornaments and then we all help with the family ornaments.
-Then on the first Sunday we gather together and watch the Christmas Devotional from the leaders of our church.
-The first Monday of December at our Family Home Evening we draw names to get gifts for those in our house. We talk about the secret service we will do for others this month. On our stockings we have a small white stocking pinned to the front and on this day we each decide one thing that we are going to work on for the month as our gift back to the Savior. We slip the paper into the white stocking and check at the end of the month to see if we were successful.
-Christmas Cousins~since there are 30 nieces and nephews on my side of the family, who live in three different states, we draw names and each cousin gets a gift for their Christmas Cousin for that year.
-We go for a drive to see the light around town.
-The girls and I do alot of baking and make candy to give to neighbors, friends and family.
-On Christmas Eve my family meets at the designated house, we have snack foods, visit, the kids decorate their cookies for Santa and a few for themselves and we have a gift exchange. When we get home our kids get to open 1 gift from under the tree and it is always new jammies from Mike and I.(this was started after I began scrapbooking so the kids looked good for Christmas morning pictures.LOL)
-On Christmas morning the kids have to wait until Mike and I are ready to go and see what Santa has brought for them and they have to go in the room youngest on up.
-On Christmas Day I cook a standing rib roast, yorkshire pudding, green beans and pecan pie.(this was a tradition in Mike's family and we have kept it going.)
Not a tradition but a cute side note. After Mike brought the tree into the house we turned the lights on. Jacob came into the front room, smiled a huge smile and signed-Christmas then Christmas tree then lights then Jesus.
Blog Challenge to Friends and Family:Share your family's favorite holiday traditions
5 comments:
ver very wonderful list! love it! Yorkshire pudding!! YUM!
love the side note about what jacob signed. i hope to see mason sign those things one day!
Lovely set of traditions. I LOVE yorkshire pudding. YUM YUM YUM! I barely ever have it.
I hope you don't mind that I added your link to the main link list for the challenge on my blog. It's nice to have a central place to look for the participants each week.
:)
Those are some wonderful traditions! Sounds like you have a great holiday planned. It's nice to hear about Jacob's signing ~ tell him to keep up the good work!
O.K. I did the challenge...however yours seem more service centered and more spiritual.... it is just to hard keeping up with you! You are amazing!
You have some wonderful traditions! I love the "Christmas Cousins" idea :-) And having the kids get new PJs for Christmas morning! Do you do traditional scrapbooking or digital? I was horrible at paper scrapping...but I love digital.
That's so cute about Jacob signing when he saw the tree! As soon as Jessica saw ours she shouted "presents" (she's not greedy, LOL!)
Post a Comment