Family

Wordle: family

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tylenol, Decongestants, and Breathing Treatments Oh My!!!

When you have children who are medically fragile sometimes a cold can turn into something scarier than Lions, Tigers and Bears Oh My! Hannah got a stomach virus on Thanksgiving day and thanks to Nissens and G-Buttons I can keep her hydrated so no harm there. Then this past Wednesday she started having nasal congestion which led to the 24 hour watch, worry, and treatments. Then Friday Jacob and Noah started with the same symptoms. For "healthy" Noah it is just a cold but due to his autism he does not understand what is happening with his body. For Jacob since his cardiac arrest this past March a cold turns into round the clock care, worry and monitoring of his respiratory status. The Lions, Tigers and Bears ie worry, lack of sleep, the unknown of how long or how sick they will get, or if this will end up in a hospital stay can get you down. So now that I have vented, I am going to focus on the times they are healthy and be thankful for the medical knowledge Mike and I have and for excellent doctors who are there when my kids are sick.

5 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry that you have been going through all this! It is fortunate you two have the medical knowlege and know how that you do, but still scarey and tiring! I'm so sorry...let me know if there is anything I can do to give you a break! Hang in there! Love you!

Misty said...

WOW! it sounds very busy at your home!! i hope that everyone feels better soon!!

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm sorry to hear that three kids are sick. Blue has had some congestion for a couple weeks now, and although I am worrying a lot I am thankful it hasn't gotten worse.

Hang in there!

K said...

Keep me posted... this means DO NOT keep it to yourself... I am no longer "intimidated" by you! Seriously, let me know what you need.

Kirsten

~Rachel said...

Thanks for the kind posts. I think Hannah has leveled out and we have seen the worst. Mike and David,one of our hometeachers, gave Jacob and Hannah blessings. I think the worst is over. I will let you all know if we need anything. I felt better after my vent. Thanks for being there.

Heidi, I hope Blue gets better. I think the news about little Nicholas Schurke may have us worrying more than usual.