Family

Wordle: family

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The power of prayer

Jacob will be having a major operation on January 31. He just turned 7 in November but he has already been through 19 surgeries, both major and minor, in his little life. As his mother I have learned to rely heavily on your faith and the knowledge you have gained about where we came from, why we are here, and especially where we are going. As a human I worry and get frustrated that I do not know what the outcome will be and that he has to go through all this to begin with. This past Sunday Mike and I asked our friends and family to remember Jacob and his upcoming surgery in their prayers as they fasted. I am so thankful for our family, friends and ward family! I had to leave church early with Jacob and Hannah and when I got home and was contimplateing my fast and the surgery I was filled with peace. I have to remind myself of that peace everyday because worry and doubt can creap in very easily. There have been countless sleepless nights where you are up all night long providing comfort or distraction from the pain. No parent ever would choose to go through the agony of seeing your child go through these struggles and trials. As a parent you step up and do what needs to be done for your children no matter what kind of trial they are going through. I am just so very thankful for my parents who taught me how to pray. I am grateful we have a Heavenly Father who loves us, He knows what we can handle and He will never give us anything that we can't handle. Each of us has trials and they are unique to us. The trails I go through as a mother are not the same as any other mother.

No comments: