Today was not just the usual busy day. We had an appointment to get family photos of the kids. The last time we did this was Christmas '06 and it has taken me this long to work up the courage to try again.LOL Needless to say I was a little keyed up,(noticed I did not say stressed out)thank goodness Mike was home to keep me calm. We dressed everyone, listened to our two teenage girls complain that they did not look good, and loaded everyone in the van. I have compassion for the photographer because on the sheet it says she has a family of six children to photograph but then she finds out that several of those six wonderful children are not going to cooperate very well. I have to say I was so impressed, the photographer took our crew in stride and did an excellent job with the pictures. Our first picture was of all six kids together, then the two boys together, and then all the girls together. The pictures will be ready next Friday and I will post them as soon as I can.
The reason for the title of this post happens next. We decided to take the kids out to dinner. This does not happen very often as our crew can be a handful and we do not get Jacob and Hannah out much in the winter due to their health. We got to the resturant and had a nice meal. Hannah was great and Jacob was a little restless but was pretty good. At the end of our meal the waitress came to our table and asked if there was anything else we would like and we said no thanks. She then told us whenever you are ready you can leave because the gentleman who was sitting behind us had already paid our bill. Instictivly we turned our heads to thank him and she said he left about 5 minutes ago. My heart was so touched to be the receivers of this random act of kindess. So tonight as we say our prayers we will pray that he will know that his act of kindness touched our hearts and will not be forgotten.
7 comments:
Wow. What a moment! Very cool. I cried reading the post. I'm so grateful that someone did something so wonderful for a family that always does things for so many other! Love you guys!
That is so wonderful it warms my heart!
I'm happy you got the photos taken too. We haven't had a new family photo done since Blue was born. We need to do one. I am thinking of hiring a photographer to come to our home even though it is more expensive...
Wow! Isn't it great that there are wonderful people in the world!
And now, a poem for you:
Hee! Hee! Hee!
Visit my blog and you will see
a funny TAG for you from me!
Love, K
Rachel, that is so touching... i am so teary thinking about it!! what a wonderful thing to do for someone and for a family so deserving!! wow, still choked up!
i'm glad the photo session worked out so well. we had family photos done last summer, and mason would not lift his head. i love how i look (that doesn't happen very often), but mason looks ready to drop out of my lap LOL! we are going to try again soon hopefully.
wow, thank you so much for sharing this story of the stranger and his kindness.. it makes my day a little brighter (mason is sick... again :(
:)
What a sweet, sweet man! Thank you for the heartwarming story. Can't wait to see the pictures!
Oh my! What a touching experience. I am honestly choked up by the kindness and generousity of that loving stranger. I hope that he knows how many people he has touched. You are well deserving of his kindness. Thanks for sharing.
---Allison
that is an amazing story, i didn't think there were people out there like that! Sounds like it was an absolutely wonderful day!
Post a Comment