Several people have asked me for an update on Little Miss Hannah so here it is.
We saw our pediatric surgeon on Friday and he agreed that Hannah needed to have her Nissen redone he will also be fixing a hernia she has. The hernia is located between her open heart surgery scar and her Nissen,G-button scar. She has an upper GI scheduled for next Monday so the surgeon can get a picture of the anatomy of her stomach since she has some anomaly in every part of her body and he did not do the original nissen as it was an emergency and he was out of town. He will schedule her surgery after he gets the results from the upper GI. We go to see our ENT tomorrow about her tonsils and adenoids. Our surgeon said that all of the surgeries could be done at the same time. She will be in the hospital for at least 5 days. Mike, the girls and I feel alot better about the thought of her having surgery. We not only love our surgeon but he is the best. Over the years when my children have been in the hospital I have asked nurses and parents about their experiences with the surgeons and no one has anything bad to say about him. If he is walking down the hall in the hospital and he sees us he Always stops gets at eye level with Jacob or Hannah and shakes their hand an asks how they are doing. I feel that if Hannah has the best surgeon, the best ENT, and the anesthesiologist we love then we have to give the rest over to the Lord and have faith and hope.
In the mean time she is very grumpy because she is not sleeping well at night and she has to sit upright for an hour and twenty minutes four times a day while she is fed. The feeding schedule frustrates her so because she is all about trying to stand up. Tonight at our family home evening she was sitting on the floor and pulled up on Noah's leg and was half way standing before she lost her grip and gently laid herself to the ground.
4 comments:
Rachel, your family is seriously amazing!!! I am so grateful that I get to know y'all. You all epitomize good.
And thanks for trusting me! :)
Wow, poor baby girl! I'm glad that you trust your doctors and surgeons..that makes all the difference doesn't it! We will continue to pray for her and I will be watching and/or talking to Kirsten about being one of the people who helps with meals etc...if that is needed!
Rachel I love that you and Mike got to do awesome dinner at the Gardens....that sounded very romantic and very thoughtful for whoever planned it!!!! And you needed it I'm sure! Yay!
I know you said Hannah has been having trouble sleeping so we all know that means your not getting any sleep. I hope that you will be able to get some.
And in the mist of all this.woohoo for hanna trying to stand! Wow!
I hope the surgery goes well and that it will bring a great improvement for Hannah's life.
Surgery is never easy though and I hope you all have peace throughout.
Rachel, our thoughts and prayers are with Hannah for during and after her surgery.
Post a Comment